Monday, May 9, 2011

Web-based bulletin boards

Ok, so I need another blog like I need a hole in the head, but I've learned SOOOO much over the last month or so of research into free Web 2.0 tools and how I can integrate them into my classroom activities, that I thought I'd take this plunge.  The straw that broke the camel's back was the Teacher Challenge Free Tools 31 Day Challenge.  The first challenge (although I'm a couple of months behind) involved Wallwisher.  I posted my first Wallwisher wall on my French 3 page where you can see that the response I got was positively underwhelming!  In my defense, the updated district website did not go "live" until several weeks after I posted my wall, and the students were not quite motivated to try and find the site on their own.  So, my second attempt involved each student having their own individual wall.  We were working on the future tense, so each student had to post on every other student's wall a prediction about what that student will be doing in 25 years.  The response was much better, however, the students and I had great difficulty with "matrix glitches".  I think for future bulletin-board projects (of which I have several in mind...) I will try Linoit instead.  I have not had difficulty accessing their site thus far, which in itself is a great advantage.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment